ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach.
- Expert in designing and tuning systems for scalability, performance, and high availability.
- Works with strategic vendors to develop implementation strategies, best practices, and architectures.
- Serve as a senior escalation point and mentor to other members of the team.
- The candidate will be required to participate in an "on-call" rotation outside of normal working hours, to remediate failing systems / applications from home or the office, in order to maintain the company's high standard of service availability, and/or to perform off-hours system maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ years’ experience in investigating, deploying, standardizing, documenting and optimizing LAN/WAN technologies.
- 6+ years’ experience with network design and strategic network planning. Ideal candidate is able to build and maintain designs to align to "big picture" direction of the overall enterprise strategy and provide daily operational support as required.
- Proficient in network architecture, design and engineering.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design, and implementation of switching and routing technologies.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-motivator who works equally well alone and within a team.
- Stays current on all technology trends and products both via formal training and independent learning.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects through all life-cycle phases.
- Able to clearly communicate plans, alternatives, and recommendations in both written and verbal form.
- CCNP/JNCIP preferred
Expertise on the following platforms:
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k, Cisco catalyst switches, Juniper SRX, EX and MX platforms.
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls(a plus), F5 (LTM, GTM/DNS) (a plus)
- Strong technical knowledge of various technologies such as:
- BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SSL VPN, IPSec, LAN/WAN QoS, Nexus VPC, Juniper MX MCLAG/VRRP, MPLS, VPLS.
- Technical knowledge of network security infrastructure process and procedures including firewall and network security design best practices.
Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols using network traces or sniffer captures.